What is Asbestos Mesothelioma Papillary?
It is a form of cancer that mainly affecting the mesothelium, the thin layer that covers the lungs as well as other internal organs of the body. The cells of the mesothelium grow out of control and become malignant, causing serious complication in the organ affected as well as other organs as the disease progresses. The disease is often associated with asbestos exposure.
What are the symptoms?
The most common symptoms of asbestos mesothelioma papillary cancer include:
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.
- Coughing may also be a problem as well as weight loss.
- Pain in the chest and abdomen leads to difficulty in sleeping at night.
- Fatigue and weakness
- weight loss may occur since the The disease is also said to change the ability of the body to absorb nutrients
- pain, swelling (usually of the face and neck)
- Trouble swallowing
Note that the symptoms of asbestos mesothelioma papillary may differ depending on the type of mesothelioma. If it is peritoneal mesothelioma which affect the intestines, liver and other organs found in the abdominal cavity, the symptoms can include abdominal expansion because of the fluid that builds up. The asbestos mesothelioma papillary cancer is mainly affecting the lungs, there may be pain in and/or difficulty swallowing because the larynx is affected.
The treatment is more effective if the disease is early detected. Do regular check ups if you suspect that you have been exposed to asbestos in the past.